UPDATE: Deadline just received “apologies for the last second notice” but the Academy Of Television Arts & Sciences has a no-show for one of its live 2013 Emmy nominations co-hosts this morning. “Kate Mara is unable to join us. She is on location in Santa Fe and late last night her flight had a mechanical malfunction and was unable to take off. She sends her sincerest regrets. Please tune-in at 5:40 AM PT to see who will join Aaron Paul in announcing the nominations for the 65th Emmy Awards.” Worth mentioning that the Academy did exactly the same thing last year with Jimmy Kimmel. It seems like a cheap trick to try to pull that off as a “surprise” again. Anyway, the 2013 Emmys host Neil Patrick Harris joined Paul at the podium at the last minute. But what I wanna know is should we categorize this screw-up as comedy or drama?
Emmy Nominations Create Co-Host Mystery
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Is “Medicine For Me To Survive In This Current Climate”, Drew Barrymore Says
- ‘Genius’ Production Designer Arv Greywal On The Photograph That Inspired The Look Of ‘Picasso’
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- Christine Baranski On 'The Good Fight's Real, Sexy, Powerful Woman; Girl Talk With Meryl Streep & Cher
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…