EXCLUSIVE: He’s played a local politician on two seasons of AMC’s The Killing and Honest Abe himself in Nat Geo’s Killing Lincoln, and now Billy Campbell is set to portray the emotionally troubled CDC pathologist lead in Syfy’s upcomng Helix. Two days before Helix’s Comic-Con panel, I’ve learned that the actor will play Dr. Alan Farragut in the dark thriller series about a team of scientists investigating a possible disease outbreak. Farragut is just getting over a failed marriage and the affair his wife had with his brother, who now needs his help after becoming infected with a deadly disease. Campbell, who also stars in the Ron Maxwell-directed Civil War feature Copperheads, is set to start filming on the 13-episode series in Montreal on July 29. Due to debut in January, Helix is executive produced by Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore, showrunner Steven Maeda and Lynda Obst. Writer Cameron Porsandeh is co-exec producing the series. Campbell is repped by CAA and KLWGN Entertainment.
Comic-Con: Syfy’s ‘Helix’ Names ‘The Killing’s’ Billy Campbell As Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- Telemundo Shatters World Cup & Spanish Language TV Records With Mexico Win
- ‘Now Apocalypse’: Jacob Artist & Chris Aquilino Set To Recur On Starz Comedy Series
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Is “Medicine For Me To Survive In This Current Climate”, Drew Barrymore Says
- ‘Saved By The Bell’ Pop-Up Changes The Game For Authorized Fan-Driven Experiences
- Judd Apatow Urges Fox Showrunners & Talent To Speak Out Over Fox News’ Child Detention Coverage