EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just signed multi-platinum singer Darius Rucker. Though Rucker’s smooth baritone first became popular when he was fronting the rock band Hootie & The Blowfish, this signing was made by the agency’s Nashville office. The team there will steer Rucker’s latest manifestation as one of country music’s most successful artists. Rucker has sold more than 30 million records and won two Grammy Awards. He began his Country transition back in 2008 with Learn To Live, an album that got him named Artist of the Year from the Country Music Association. He was recently inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, a lifelong dream for the South Carolina native. Rucker’s most recent record, True Believers, debuted in the top C&W slot and yielded a slew of top singles including Wagon Wheel. Rucker recently wrapped the first leg of his True Believers Tour, his first solo-headliner tour. More dates are in the process of being added.
CAA Signs Rocker-Turned Country Star Darius Rucker
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- Maura Tierney Joins CIA Drama ‘The Torture Report’
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?