EXCLUSIVE: Longtime film writer Amy Nicholson has been named full-time film critic at LA Weekly. Her hire was made by parent company Voice Media Group, and her reviews will also appear in VMG’s other 10 newspapers. Nicholson will work with Voice Media’s principal film critic Stephanie Zacharek, who is based at NY’s Village Voice, which has been revamping staff recently. Nicholson, a former LA Weekly intern, has freelanced for PMC’s Movieline, the Los Angeles Times, Movies.com, Fandango.com and IndieWire. She was film editor at Inland Empire Weekly from 2006-2010. Most recently, she was editor-in-chief of Boxoffice Magazine. She starts her new post later this month.
LA Weekly Hires Amy Nicholson As Film Critic
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' - Update
Latest Film News
- Ian Levy Sci-Fi Thriller Spec ‘Out There’ Lands At eOne; David Bruckner To Direct
- James Franco’s ‘The Pretenders’ Lands At Cleopatra Entertainment
- Frank Langella Starrer ‘Lapham Rising’ Gets Winter State Entertainment Funding
- Lionsgate Taps Marisa Liston To Run Global Motion Picture Communications
- Michael B. Jordan Takes On Age-Less Man Thriller ‘Methusaleh’ At Warner Bros
- AMPTP Rejects WGA Request For “Group Boycott” Of Talent Agents Who Won’t Sign Proposed Code Of Conduct