Wes Bentley (The Hunger Games) is set to star in Open, HBO’s drama pilot from Glee and American Horror Story co-creator Ryan Murphy. The project, which Murphy co-wrote with Lauren Gussis, is described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships. Bentley will play the handsome but arrogant Evan Foster, a bit of a blowhard who loves espousing his theories on human sexuality. Open hails from Fox 21, the cable division of 20th Century Fox TV where Murphy is under a rich overall deal. This marks a rare foray into television for Bentley, whose only previous TV gig was a starring role in another HBO pilot, Tilda, opposite Diane Keaton.
Wes Bentley To Star In Ryan Murphy’s HBO Pilot ‘Open’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest TV News
- John Oliver: Donald Trump Hits Omelette Bar After Declaring National Emergency
- Jussie Smollett Gets Renewed Support From ‘Empire’ Showrunner Over Attack
- Writers Guild Awards 2019: ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ Take Top Prizes – Full…
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Trophy Show Here
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree
- Jussie Smollett Still Hasn’t Talked To Cops Again About Attack & “Developments”