Variety Media last month in New York added the trade publication’s former owners Reed Elsevier and Reed Business Information to its kickbacks and fraud case against branding company Beverly Hills Media Group, seeking $10M in damages in New York state Supreme Court for breach of contract and declaratory relief. Today, Reed has countersued, claiming it’s owed $1.3M more on the purchase price after Penske Media Corp acquired Variety in October 2012. PMC is Deadline’s parent company.
Reed Elsevier Countersues Variety Media
What's Hot on Deadline
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Roma’ Top Golden Reel Awards – MPSE Winners List
- Writers Guild Awards 2019: ‘Eighth Grade’ & ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ Take Top Prizes – Full Winners…
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Trophy Show Here
- Adam McKay: “I Stand In Solidarity With The WGA” In ATA Negotiations; Farrelly Brothers & Barry Jenkins Agree
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International Box…
- The Film Academy’s Annual Report Shows Assets Way Up, But Bond Proceeds Going Fast