Warner Bros Pictures and co-financier Legendary Pictures said today that its Superman reboot earned more than $500 million worldwide Saturday with some international territories still to open. Warner Bros Pictures President of Domestic Distribution Dan Fellman and President of International Distribution Veronika Kwan Vandenberg said 3D Man Of Steel has earned $248.7M domestically and $271.7M internationally for a worldwide total of $520.4M to date. It opened #1 in the U.S. and Canada with the biggest June release ever and also #1 one in many international territories and continues its roll out with record-breaking bows. The film is still to open in Brazil and Japan. The PG-13 film continues to set records worldwide in IMAX theatres, where it has earned an estimated $27M domestically and $18.9M internationally for a worldwide total of $45.9 million. “This success for Man of Steel is a great 75th birthday present for this iconic character. The film took Superman back to his roots for a new generation of moviegoers, who have once again embraced Krypton and Kansas’ favorite son,” Fellman said in the official statement. “The film’s strong CinemaScore tells us that word of mouth should keep the Man Of Steel flying through the summer.” The studio thanked director Zach Snyder profusely but didn’t mention Christopher Nolan, who mentored and produced and co-wrote the story as well as handpicked Snyder, or screenwriter David S Goyer. Both Snyder and Goyer are prepping the sequel.
‘Man Of Steel’ Passes Half Billion Global
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $183M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- Blumhouse Partners With Tang Media On Chinese Horror/Thriller Pics
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- MoviePass Reps 40% Of ‘Gotti’s $1.67M Opening As Critics Slaughter John Travolta Mob Pic
- ‘Gotti’ Gets Whacked With 0% Rotten Tomatoes Score: A Deeper Look
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Devouring $125M In China; Franchise Will Stomp Across $4B WW This Frame