Jesse Lee Soffer has closed a deal as a new series regular on NBC‘s midseason drama series Chicago PD. On the Chicago Fire spinoff, Soffer will play a young police detective who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. I’ve learned that Soffer’s character will be introduced this fall on the mothership series Chicago Fire in a couple of episodes before segueing to Chicago PD. NBC employed a similar strategy with the other characters from the spinoff who made their debut on Chicago Fire. (Of the Chicago PD cast members introduced on Chicago Fire last season, Melissa Sagemiller will not continue on the show.) Soffer, repped by Silver Lining Entertainment and Innovative Artists, will be able to do both shows as Chicago Fire is a midseason series and goes into production later than Chicago Fire. I hear Soffer got the attention of NBC executives with his starring role in the network’s drama pilot Hatfield’s & McCoys this past season. Earlier in the season, he was was a regular on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Jesse Lee Soffer Joins NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ As Regular, Gets Arc On ‘Chicago Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- Kevin Costner Talks ‘Yellowstone’, Varied Roles & A Venice ‘Fandango’ Lesson – Cannes Lions
- Re-Creating New York’s Gilded Age, ‘The Alienist’ Production Designer Bought Out All The Cobblestone In Eastern…
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- LaToya Morgan Re-Ups Overall Deal With AMC, Will Oversee Inclusion Initiative
- Gordon Ramsay’s Series Simmer In Ratings, Fox Still Wins Night; World Cup Scores In D.C.
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners