Deadline’s Awards Columnist Pete Hammond has a simple wish: How about some competition in the Emmy Reality Competition category? With just one week left for voters to pick their nominees for this year’s awards, Hammond suggests some alternatives to The Amazing Race, which has won all but one year the category has existed. He also has says that, though American Idol has little chance of nabbing a nom this year, its host Ryan Seacrest is way past due to win as Best Reality Host.
ENTV: Pete Hammond On Emmy Reality Contenders
What's Hot on Deadline
PTA, Cuaron, Streisand, Del Toro, Edgar Wright, Inarritu, DiCaprio, Chazelle, Nolan Among Directors Appealing To Warner Bros To Save FilmStruck
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
'This Is Us' Tops Demo; 'NCIS' Rules Total Viewers As Tuesday Shows Take Midterm Election Preemption Hits
Latest Awardsline News
- Filmmaker Teemu Nikki’s Inspiration For Finland’s Oscar Entry ‘Euthanizer’: “I Wanted To Make ‘Dirty Harry’ With…
- ‘A Twelve-Year Night’ Director On Exploring How To Stay Human When Your Humanity Is Taken Away – Awardsline Screening…
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Named As AAFCA’s Special Achievement Award Recipient
- ‘Hotel Transylvania 3’ Helmer Genndy Tartakovsky Confronts Studio Notes, Striving To Break Out With Original Works
- How Editor John Ottman Helped Rescue ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – Podcast
- Can Barrier-Breaking ‘Black Panther’ Become The First Superhero Movie Nominated For Best Picture?