Comedy Central had ordered The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail, a stand-up comedy series starring Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani. The show, which will spotlight hot comedians, is executive produced by Ray, Nanjiani, Emily Gordon and Red Hour’s Ben Stiller, Stuart Cornfeld, Debbie Liebling and Mike Rosenstein. “Of all the comedy shows on Comedy Central, that are taped in the back of a comic book store, this will be the best one,” said Ray, Nanjiani and Gordon. The series is based on The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail weekly, live comedy show produced by Gordon, which takes place in the back of Meltdown Comics on Sunset Blvd. Hosted by Ray and Nanjiani, each episode of the TV series will feature some of the hottest stand-up comedians performing onstage and go behind-the-scenes with them as they hang out in the greenroom with the who’s who from the comedy scene.
Comedy Central Greenlights Stand-Up Comedy Series Produced By Ben Stiller
What's Hot on Deadline
'One Tree Hill' Alums Navigate Life Of Struggling Actors In Crowd-Funded Comedy 'Everyone Is Doing Great'
Latest TV News
- Turner Taps AT&T’s Peter Knag As EVP & Chief Financial Officer
- Bill Camp: ‘The Looming Tower’ Is “The Kind Of Thing That’s Owed To The World”
- ‘Ozark’ Season 2 Gets Premiere Date; First-Look Teaser & Photos For Netflix Drama
- World Cup: Female Reporter Groped On Air; Burger King Apologizes For Pregnancy Ad; Iran Opens Stadium To Women
- Sandra Oh On Obsession And Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s ‘Killing Eve’
- Stephen Colbert: Corey Lewandowski Hung Out To Dry By Donald Trump’s “Sudden Ethical Backpedal”