Less than 15 months after signing his book deal, the filmmaker-turned-author has sold his debut novel. Warner Bros has picked up Twilight: New Moon helmer’s The Young World, which Little Brown will publish in 2014. Chris Weitz will helm the film and produce along with Andrew Miano. The young-adult novel is set in New York City following a catastrophe that kills everyone younger than 12 and older than 21 and leaves the survivors without heat, running water or the any of the amenities they’ve grown up with.
Warner Bros Picks Up Chris Weitz’s Book ‘The Young World’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Could Seize As Much As $275M In Global Launch - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- AFI Fest Closing Night Film ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Cancels Red Carpet As Wildfires Rage On
- Oscars 2018: With AFI Fest Closing This Week Which Movies Out Of The Fall Festivals Still Have Academy Mojo?
- Jam City Takes Over Operations Of Disney’s Glendale Mobile Games Studio In Partnership Deal
- ‘Scary Stories’ Documentary Acquired By Wild Eye For Theatrical Bow
- ‘Wonder Park’ Trailer: Chimpanzombies Bedevil All-Star Cast In Upcoming Toon
- ‘The Sonata’: First Footage Of European Co-Pro Horror Starring Freya Tingley