Less than 15 months after signing his book deal, the filmmaker-turned-author has sold his debut novel. Warner Bros has picked up Twilight: New Moon helmer’s The Young World, which Little Brown will publish in 2014. Chris Weitz will helm the film and produce along with Andrew Miano. The young-adult novel is set in New York City following a catastrophe that kills everyone younger than 12 and older than 21 and leaves the survivors without heat, running water or the any of the amenities they’ve grown up with.
Warner Bros Picks Up Chris Weitz’s Book ‘The Young World’
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Film Editing Nominee John Ottman On ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’s’ Triumphant Journey, Making Queen Timeless & Bryan…
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- ‘Black Lightning’ Star Cress Williams Joins ‘The Violent Heart’ & ‘Reckoning’
- Jennifer Salke On Amazon’s Film Future, Sundance Deals & The Late Night Selfie That Won Her ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon…
- Oscars: Queen Will Bring Thunderbolts & Lightning To Sunday’s Ceremony
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Trial Of The Chicago 7’ Secures Key Deals For Rocket Science At The EFM…