EXCLUSIVE: Bertie Carvel has been nominated for a Tony and all the other big Broadway awards this year for playing Miss Truchbull in the musical Matilda, now running at the Shubert. It’s a role he originated on the West End last year that earned him an Olivier Award. ICM Partners has signed the stage veteran, whose TV and film credits include the BBC series Sherlock, Restless and Doctor Who, the HBO miniseries John Adams and most recently Tom Hooper’s Oscar-nominated musical pic Les Miserables. Carvel continues to be repped in the UK by Michael Symons at Hamilton/Hodell.
ICM Partners Inks Tony Nominee Bertie Carvel
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL' Blooper Reel: Features Laugh-Worthy Outtakes From Ryan Gosling, Will Ferrell, Tiffany Haddish + More
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti
Latest Film News
- Netflix Celebrates World Emoji Day With “Recomojis” On Facebook Messenger
- Sony Pictures Hires Ellene V. Miles As SVP Intersectional Marketing
- “Lawnmower Man” Director Brett Leonard Shooting Scripted VR Series “Hollywood Rooftop”
- Cinthya Carmona Joins ‘The Tax Collector’; Cathy Shim Cast In ‘The Sun Is Also A Star’; Jake Allyn In ‘Kill Me Twice…
- Netflix Terminates Contract With The Weinstein Co.
- LA Film Festival Moves Into New Oscar-Season Berth With Diverse Programs, Partnerships