The Writers Guild Foundation has tapped a civil rights attorney as its next leader. Katie Buckland, former executive director of the California Women’s Law Center, a legal advocacy group targeting the civil rights of women and girls, will replace the retired Angela Kirgo, who stepped down after two decades. Earlier in her career, Buckland served Bill Clinton’s presidential campaigns and the Democratic National Committee and was communications director for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office. Founded in 1966, the WGF works to preserve the history of screen and television writing and advancing excellence in writing.
Katie Buckland Penciled In As Next Head Of Writers Guild Foundation
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
'Gold Rush' Star Todd Hoffman Teams With Thom Beers & Jeff Conroy For Reality Competition Series 'Greenhorn Gold'
Latest Film News
- Eden Brolin Joins Vince Vaughn In ‘Arkansas’; Fox’s ‘Ready or Not’ Adds Elyse Levesque
- Seville International Selling Spain’s ‘Advantages Of Traveling By Train’; Myriad Boards SXSW Pic ‘Fast Color’…
- Pixar Co-Founder Ed Catmull To Retire
- ‘The Reckoning: Hollywood’s Worst Kept Secret’ Trailer: Docu Details Sexual Misconduct And Abuse Of Power
- Bryce Dallas Howard Directs Docu ‘Dads’ For Imagine
- Fox Film Executive Daria Cercek Jumps To New Line