After two development cycles and two pilots, the CW is throwing in the towel on bringing Keira Cass’ book The Selection to the small screen. By all accounts, the second pilot, which was shot in Budapest, was an improvement over last year’s effort. But in the end I hear the finished product, while beautifully shot, was not compelling enough. I hear CW brass felt that there was no room for two kings-and-castles series on the schedule, and Reign came in stronger.
‘The Selection’ Dead At The CW
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
Latest TV News
- ‘Conan’ Returns: Late Night Host Celebrates New Downsized Format After 3 Month Shutdown
- ‘The Walking Dead’ & ‘Stranger Things’ Named Most In-Demand Series In the World
- ‘Bless This Mess’ Trailer: Lake Bell And Dax Shepard Attempt To Live The Simple Life In New ABC Comedy
- David Glasser Launches 101 Studios With $300M+ In Funding For TV, Movie Projects
- Nora Kirkpatrick & Funny Or Die Team On Interactive Series ‘The Coop’ For Eko
- Viacom Acquires Pluto TV For $340 Million In Cash