Two days before Iron Man 3 hits North American screens, looks like the Armored Avenger is negotiating in public over future movies in the Marvel/Disney franchise. Robert Downey Jr told The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart on Tuesday that he wasn’t sure if he would be doing another Iron Man. “I don’t know. I had a long contract with them and now we’re gonna renegotiate,” the actor told the fake news show host. Of course, it should be added that in typical Downey fashion this was literally done with a wink, so perhaps the actor, who is expected to return for the already announced Avengers 2, was just joking.
Robert Downey Jr “Renegotiating” Next ‘Iron Man’ Contract, He Tells Jon Stewart: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Netflix Soars With 15 Oscar Nominations, Led By 10 For 'Roma', Off Unique Theatrical & Streaming Release Model
Latest Film News
- Bryan Singer Hit With New Allegations Of Sex With Underage Boys In Atlantic Report
- ‘Green Book’, ‘How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World’ Find China Release Dates
- ‘Widows’ & ‘Lion’ Outfit See-Saw Films Promotes Simon Gillis To COO
- Comcast Posts Strong Fourth-Quarter Financials Thanks To NBC Universal Bump
- China Film Industry Pays $1.73B In Back Taxes Amid Post-Scandal Crackdown
- César Nominations: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Sisters Brothers’ Rustles Up Nine – List