NBC‘s one-hour live Healing In The Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert hosted by Oklahoma native and The Voice judge Blake Shelton on Wednesday raised more than $6 million in pledges and ticket sales, the Associated Press has reported. Proceeds are headed to the United Way of Central Oklahoma to help victims of the May 20 tornado that decimated Moore, Okla., killing dozens. The country act-heavy concert, which also aired on NBCUniversal networks Style, CMT, G4, Bravo, E! and Palladia either live or delayed, drew 8.6 million viewers to NBC, making it the most-watched show in the 9-10 PM time slot since November 7.
NBC Tornado Benefit Concert Raises $6M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest TV News
- BBC To Examine Rupert Murdoch’s Influence Over The British Press In Three-Part Doc Series ‘A Tabloid Empire…
- Arrowverse Unveils Title Of Fall 2019 Crossover Event
- Stormy Daniels Ordered To Pay Donald Trump $300K In Legal Fees From Defamation Suit
- Fox’s MLS Cup Final Ratings Best Since 1997
- ‘Blacksmith’ Drama Based On Graphic Novel In Works At NBC From Jeff Wadlow
- ‘Ruben & Clay Christmas Show’ Review: American Idols Go Caroling And Kitsching On Broadway