“It’s been an interesting year — no question about it,” NBC‘s Matt Lauer said to Jay Leno on Thursday night. Understatement much? But, the embattled Today host told the embattled Tonight host, “I am not a guy who complains — I love this job, I really do.” Leno then brought up Kathie Lee Gifford’s letter of support for Lauer that she circulated among their Today colleagues, garnering hundreds of signatures. Lauer praised the former 15-year ABC morning host’s “very, very sweet” gesture, emphasizing, “She’s kind and she’s compassionate — and she’s been there.”
Matt Lauer Addresses ‘Today’ Criticism, Kathie Lee Gifford’s Support On Jay Leno
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Brother’ Celebrity Anthony Scaramucci Turns Up At Davos
- Freddie Fox & Anna Chancellor To Star In BBC Feature Doc About Oscar Wilde
- ‘Knightfall’ Season 2 Teaser: Mark Hamill Debuts As Talus The Initiate Master In History’s Medieval Drama
- NBC Orders 'Uninsured' Family Comedy Pilot From 'The Goldbergs' Duo & Sony TV
- eOne Ups Tara Long To President Global Unscripted TV
- Anna Karenina YA TV Series With Korean-American Lead In Works From Jenny Lee, eOne, Drew Comins & Scooter Braun