EXCLUSIVE: Lights Out star Holt McCallany has booked a lead role opposite Chris Hemsworth and Viola Davis in the untitled Legendary Pictures movie being directed by Michael Mann that centers on cyber terrorism. The thriller is expected to begin shooting this month in China. The plot is being kept quiet, but McCallany will play a street-smart U.S. Marshal charged with the custody of Hemsworth’s character. McCallany played heavyweight champ Patrick “Lights Out” Leary on the FX series that lasted one season. That jump-started a string of feature roles including in Gangster Squad and Bullet To The Head. He is repped by APA and Mosaic.
Holt McCallany Boards Michael Mann’s Cyber Crime Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Alienist’s Q'orianka Kilcher Cast In Paramount's Live-Action ‘Dora the Explorer’ Movie
- AFI Fest Heavy On Oscar Contenders In World Cinema Sidebar
- James Marsh’s ‘King Of Thieves’ About Hatton Garden Heist Scores U.S. Deal Via Saban Films
- Ali LeRoi To Helm ‘The Obituary of Tunde Johnson’ Drama
- ‘The Aftermath’ Trailer: Keira Knightley, Alexander Skarsgard & Forbidden Romance In Postwar Germany
- MoviePass Films Sets Horror Feature ‘The Reckoning’ With Director Neil Marshall; Charlotte Kirk Starring