EXCLUSIVE: Lights Out star Holt McCallany has booked a lead role opposite Chris Hemsworth and Viola Davis in the untitled Legendary Pictures movie being directed by Michael Mann that centers on cyber terrorism. The thriller is expected to begin shooting this month in China. The plot is being kept quiet, but McCallany will play a street-smart U.S. Marshal charged with the custody of Hemsworth’s character. McCallany played heavyweight champ Patrick “Lights Out” Leary on the FX series that lasted one season. That jump-started a string of feature roles including in Gangster Squad and Bullet To The Head. He is repped by APA and Mosaic.
Holt McCallany Boards Michael Mann’s Cyber Crime Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Meghan McCain On Donald Trump's Complaint About Dad's Funeral: "I Don't Expect Decency From Trump Family"
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Latest Film News
- ATA Gives WGA Raft Of Counterproposals On Key Issues; Talks Done For Day
- After Trying Day, Disney Sets Film Leadership Lineup
- WarnerMedia Will Add A Diversity Executive To Top Management Team
- Voltage Wins Legal Battle Over ‘The Professor And The Madman’ As Judge Tosses Copyright Suit
- Buddy Morra Dies: Comedy Talent Manager Who Helped Launch Billy Crystal’s Career
- Fox Film Team Faces Rocky Disney Future; Paul Feig Moves Label To Universal