EXCLUSIVE: Hailee Steinfeld has come aboard For The Dogs, the Phillip Noyce-directed pic that has Sam Worthington attached to star. Oren Moverman wrote the script based on an adaptation of the Kevin Wignall novel by Paul Leyden. Sierra/Affinity is selling international and CAA and Paradigm domestic beginning this week at Cannes. The pic centers on a solitary assassin (Worthington) who agrees to help a precocious teenager (Steinfeld) exact revenge on those who murdered her parents and younger brother. His guidance unleashes events that ultimately stoke her thirst for vengeance while he desperately seeks peace and absolution. The pic is being produced by Anthony Rhulen and Navid McIlhargey via FilmEngine Entertainment; Worthington, John Schwarz and Michael Schwarz for Full Clip Productions; and Leyden, who wrote the script after optioning rights out of his own pocket. Steinfeld, who just appeared in the first trailer for Summit’s November 1 pic Ender’s Game, also has the upcoming 3 Days To Kill opposite Kevin Costner. She is repped by ICM Partners, Coast to Coast and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof + Fishman.
Cannes: Hailee Steinfeld To Star Opposite Sam Worthington In ‘For The Dogs’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- Maura Tierney Joins CIA Drama ‘The Torture Report’
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon