I’ve learned that CBS has passed on high-profile drama pilot The Advocates. The project, written by The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller and directed by David Nutter, starred Mandy Moore and Ben McKenzie as a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the very edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. I hear Warner Bros. TV, which produces the project, will shop it elsewhere. Also being shopped at the moment is another CBS drama pilot that didn’t make the cut, Beverly Hills Cop. So far CBS has picked up two new drama series, Hostages, also from Warner Bros., and Intelligence, from ABC Studios/CBS TV Studios.
Drama Pilot ‘Advocates’ Gets A Pass From CBS, To Be Shopped Elsewhere
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest TV News
- Netflix Orders Coming-Of-Age Series ‘I Am Not Okay With This’ From Jonathan Entwistle & Shawn Levy Based…
- Netflix Sets Cast For ‘The Letter For The King’ Series Based On Classic Dutch Novel
- Freeform Picks Up Josh Thomas Comedy ‘Everything’s Gonna Be Okay’ To Series
- Legion M And Chicken Soup For The Soul Form Film And TV Partnership
- NBC Names Sony Veteran Philip Martzolf President Of Affiliate Relations
- SAG Awards Nominations: The Scorecards