Drafthouse Films, the distribution arm of the Alamo Drafthouse, has acquired North American rights to original horror film A Field In England. It’s the fourth feature from writer/director Ben Wheatley whose credits include the tour-de-force thriller Kill List, the 2012 Cannes selection Sightseers and a segment in The ABCs Of Death. Billed as “a psychedelic trip into magic and madness,” A Field In England follows a group of English Civil War soldiers in the 17th century who are captured by an alchemist and led into a vast mushroom field, where they fall victim to violent and nightmarish forces. Reece Shearsmith (The League Of Gentlemen), and Michael Smiley (Kill List) star. Julian Barrett (The Mighty Boosh) is also featured in the film. A theatrical and VOD release is planned for 2013. Claire Jones and Andy Starke produced A Field In England with financing via Film4.0 headed up by Anna Higgs. The deal was negotiated by Tim League and James Emanuel Shapiro on behalf of Drafthouse Films and Andy Starke of Rook Films with Anna Higgs of Film4.
Drafthouse Films Picks Up Ben Wheatley Horror Pic ‘A Field In England’
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline