Downton Abbey executive producer Gareth Neame said today that Gary Carr‘s addition to the ITV show “will bring interesting twists to the drama.” The actor has most recently been seen in BBC series Bluestone 42 and Death In Paradise. His Downton character, Jack Ross, is a jazz singer described as “a charming and charismatic” young man. The addition marks the first time Downton has had a black character. The show has in the past faced criticism that it lacks cultural diversity. In the fourth season, he’ll join previously announced new cast members Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Tom Cullen, Julian Ovenden, Nigel Harman, Joanna David and Dame Harriet Walter. Shooting is currently underway for air later this year. Carr is repped by Markham, Froggatt and Irwin in London.
‘Downton Abbey’ Adds Gary Carr As Jazz Singer For Season 4
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest International News
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- World Cup: France V Australia Scores Big For TF1; Argentina V Iceland Is Hot Euro Draw
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Devouring $125M In China; Franchise Will Stomp Across $4B WW This Frame
- BBC’s Live World Cup Feed Cuts Out During Video Technology Discussion Of France’s Win Over Australia
- World Cup: Portugal V Spain Rouses Euro Audience With Cristiano Ronaldo Hat-Trick