Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal aren’t exactly renowned for their pipes, but both are in discussions to join Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep in Disney‘s film version of the 1987 Stephen Sondheim musical Into The Woods. Rob Marshall is directing the pic with an eye on the 9-figure coin drawn by Best Picture nominee Les Miserables and Streep starrer Mamma Mia! Meanwhile, Pine has other things on his mind — like a huge opening for his Final Frontier sequel Star Trek Into Darkness this weekend.
Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal Clearing Throats For ‘Into The Woods’ Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Latest Film News
- ‘Raging Bull’ & ‘Goodfellas’ Editor Thelma Schoonmaker To Receive BAFTA Fellowship
- CAA Signs ‘Destroyer’ Actor Shamier Anderson
- Fuse Books Premiere Dates For Three Documentaries, Sets First Title In Fuse Films Series
- A24 Lands NA Rights To ‘The Souvenir’ Sequel As First Film Is Poised For Sunday Sundance Premiere
- Jonas Mekas Dies: Avant-Garde Filmmaker And Champion Was 96
- Plaintiff In $100M Lawsuit Against Brad Grey & Brian Graden Wants Case Dismissed – Update