Chris Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal aren’t exactly renowned for their pipes, but both are in discussions to join Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep in Disney‘s film version of the 1987 Stephen Sondheim musical Into The Woods. Rob Marshall is directing the pic with an eye on the 9-figure coin drawn by Best Picture nominee Les Miserables and Streep starrer Mamma Mia! Meanwhile, Pine has other things on his mind — like a huge opening for his Final Frontier sequel Star Trek Into Darkness this weekend.
Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal Clearing Throats For ‘Into The Woods’ Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Latest Film News
- John Landis, Who Directed Aretha Franklin’s Only Two Movies, Remembers Her ‘Blues Brothers’ Turns
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Here And Now’ To Hit Theaters In November In AMBI & Paramount Deal
- Bankruptcy Court OKs Sale Of Relativity Media To UltraV Holdings
- Imagine Entertainment Ups Karen Lunder To Head Film Development & Production
- ‘Mulan’ Writing Duo Lauren Hynek And Elizabeth Martin Ink With APA
- Hot ‘Cherry’ Book Auction Handcuffed Because Imprisoned Author Has Run Short Of Phone Call Minutes