Open Road Films and Unclaimed Freight Productions’ Randall Miller and Jody Savin are partnering to bring Gregg Allman biopic My Cross To Bear to U.S. theaters. Miller and Savin penned the screenplay based on the New York Times bestselling autobiography of the iconic blues singer. Miller will direct. Open Road will handle U.S. distribution. The story will focus on Allman’s early struggles through the formation of The Allman Brothers Band and the group’s ultimate explosion on the music scene. Savin and Miller are working closely with Allman and his manager, Michael Lehman, both of whom will serve as executive producers. The film is expected to include original Allman Brothers tracks as well as re-recorded performances by the actor/musicians. Production is scheduled to begin late summer 2013 in Georgia. Casting is under way. The deal was negotiated on behalf of Open Road Films by Tom Ortenberg and Ben Cotner, SVP of Acquisitions. Ben Weiss of Paradigm negotiated on behalf of the filmmakers. Miller and Savin recently produced CBGB about the famous New York City rock ‘n’ roll club. CBGB is being repped in Cannes by The Exchange and several large foreign deals are under way.
Open Road To Bring Gregg Allman Biopic To U.S. Theaters
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $180M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…