Sean Ellis’ Philippines-set Metro Manila is poised to get the remake treatment from Fox International Productions, following the film’s Audience Award win at Sundance 2013. Written by Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated English filmmaker Ellis (Cashback) and Frankie E. Flowers, and produced by Ellis and Mathilde Charpentier, the thriller follows a poor farmer seeking a brighter future in Manila who takes the most dangerous job in the city as an armored transport driver. Pic was filmed entirely in Tagalog despite Ellis not speaking the language. Ellis is repped by ICM, who negotiated the deal with FIP.
Cannes: Fox International Productions Takes ‘Metro Manila’ Remake Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
'Space Force' Workplace Comedy Series From 'The Office's Steve Carell & Greg Daniels Ordered By Netflix
Don Cheadle & Kathy Griffin In Twitter Beef Over His Not Defending Her After Severed Trump Head Flap - In 2017
Disney Rings 'Hunchback' Bell: David Henry Hwang To Script Live Action Musical, Alan Menken/Stephen Schwartz Writing Music
Latest Film News
- Coast Guard Film Office Remains Open Despite Shutdown And No Pay
- ‘Now Apocalypse’ Trailer: Starz’s Psychedelic Millennial Coming-Of-Age Tale
- Anonymous Content Taps Veteran Literary Agent Kristina Moore For Media Rights Division
- Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Pumps Up Local Production
- SXSW: Seth Rogen/Charlize Theron Comedy, Matthew McConaughey’s ‘The Beach Bum’ Among 2019 Feature Lineup
- Anne Hathaway Set For Robert Zemeckis’ 'The Witches'