In a multi-territory deal, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisition has acquired Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, and Latin America on Focus‘ Jude Law-starrer Black Sea. Kevin Macdonald is directing the film about a submarine captain on a risky hunt for sunken treasure. FFI also sealed a deal with BackUp Media which invested against rights in France, Benelux and French-speaking Switzerland. Other territories sold include Australia and New Zealand (eOne), China, CIS, Israel and South Africa.
Cannes: Focus Features International Awash In ‘Black Sea’ Deals
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
'Gold Rush' Star Todd Hoffman Teams With Thom Beers & Jeff Conroy For Reality Competition Series 'Greenhorn Gold'
Latest Film News
- Eden Brolin Joins Vince Vaughn In ‘Arkansas’; Fox’s ‘Ready or Not’ Adds Elyse Levesque
- Seville International Selling Spain’s ‘Advantages Of Traveling By Train’; Myriad Boards SXSW Pic ‘Fast Color’ – AFM…
- Pixar Co-Founder Ed Catmull To Retire
- ‘The Reckoning: Hollywood’s Worst Kept Secret’ Trailer: Docu Details Sexual Misconduct And Abuse Of Power
- Bryce Dallas Howard Directs Docu ‘Dads’ For Imagine
- Fox Film Executive Daria Cercek Jumps To New Line