In a multi-territory deal, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisition has acquired Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, and Latin America on Focus‘ Jude Law-starrer Black Sea. Kevin Macdonald is directing the film about a submarine captain on a risky hunt for sunken treasure. FFI also sealed a deal with BackUp Media which invested against rights in France, Benelux and French-speaking Switzerland. Other territories sold include Australia and New Zealand (eOne), China, CIS, Israel and South Africa.
Cannes: Focus Features International Awash In ‘Black Sea’ Deals
What's Hot on Deadline
Alyssa Milano Comes Forward With #WhyIDidntReport Story: "It Meant Recognizing My Attacker’s Existence"
'Shark Tank' Judges And Producers Spill Secrets On Eve Of 200th Episode: "I'm Surprised More Entrepreneurs Don't Bomb" - Tribeca TV Festival
Latest Film News
- Streamer MUBI Picks Up UK Rights To David Robert Mitchell’s LA Noir ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Apple Taking Conservative Approach, Rejects Dr. Dre Streaming Series As Too Violent – Report
- ‘Outlaw King’ Filmmaker David Mackenzie Trims Netflix Epic By 20 Minutes Post Toronto Premiere
- Keira Knightley’s ‘Colette’ Robust in Start; ‘The Sisters Brothers’ Solid; ‘Ya Veremos’ Crosses $4M – Specialty…
- Todd Phillips Gives First Look At Zazie Beetz In Joker Movie In Response To Leaked Photos
- ‘Kingsman 3’ Set For Nov. 2019 Return With Matthew Vaughn On Board