Jason Blum‘s Blumhouse Productions is launching Blumhouse International to handle foreign sales on the company’s films. The new division has a worldwide distribution and servicing deal with IM Global and the two will introduce the new venture to foreign distributors in Cannes. Kicking off the slate are Sinister 2, the sequel to last year’s hit horror pic, and Stretch, a comedy thriller to be directed by Joe Carnahan who also produces with Blum. Tracy Falco is exec producer on the latter project and Leon Corcos is co-producer. Both films start production later this year. The new division will handle sales of films outside Blumhouse’s first-look deal with Universal.
Cannes: Blumhouse To Launch International Sales Arm With ‘Sinister 2’ & ‘Stretch’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest International News
- British Alternate ‘Mockingbird’ Killed Over Stage Rights: Smash Broadway Version Plans UK Mounting
- U.S. Banker With Putin Ties Reportedly Tapped Mark Burnett To Access Donald Trump Transition Team
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Directors Muse On Today’s Nominations
- Hammond On Oscars: Why This Could Be One Of The Closest Races In Academy History
- Endeavor Content Appoints Former Avalon Exec Tim Robinson As COO
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Nominees Populate Key Categories In Crossover Year