Sean Ellis’ Philippines-set Metro Manila is bound for a remake courtesy of Fox International Productions which acquired rights earlier this week. The Sundance World Cinema Audience Award winner has now been picked up by distribution partners 108 Media and Paladin for North America. Written by Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated English filmmaker Ellis (Cashback) and Frankie E. Flowers, the thriller follows a poor farmer seeking a brighter future who takes the most dangerous job in Manila as an armored transport driver. Paladin’s Mark Urman and 108 CEO Rastogi negotiated the deal with Independent’s Abigail Walsh and Jessica Lacy, on behalf of ICM partners, who represent Ellis.
Cannes: 108 Media, Paladin Acquire North America On Sundance Thriller ‘Metro Manila’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Halloween' Scares Up 2nd Best October Debut With $77M+; Record For Blumhouse & Carpenter Canon; Great Miramax Comeback
Latest Film News
- ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Moves Back To November 2019, Cuffing Former ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Slot
- Netflix’s Use Of Artwork Personalization Attracts Online Criticism
- Ray Liotta, Ken Jeong, Adrien Brody, Travis Fimmel & More Round Out Cast For Charlie Day's 'El Tonto'
- Choice Of Sharp New Oscar Producing Team Gives The Academy A Chance For Serious & Successful Makeover: Analysis
- Skydance Hires Ex-Global Road Exec Jun Oh To Run Biz & Legal Affairs
- Donna Gigliotti To Produce 91st Oscars; Glenn Weiss Is Co-Producer