Another newly picked up comedy series is recasting its female lead. Alex Kapp Horner is leaving the Bill Lawrence-produced half-hour Fox comedy Surviving Jack. Based on Justin Halpern’s book I Suck At Girls, the single-camera comedy tells the story of a boy becoming a man, and a man becoming a father, in a time before coming of age was something you could Google. It centers on a father, Jack Dunlevy (Chris Meloni), and his teen son Frankie (Connor Buckley). Horner played Jack’s wife in the pilot. Other new comedy series that are recasting their female leads include NBC‘s The Family Guide (Parker Posey) and Sean Saves The World (Lindsay Sloane).
Alex Kapp Horner Exits New Fox Comedy Series ‘Surviving Jack’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped; State Says "Appropriate Resolution," Family "Thank God" - Update
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: "Is There No Decency In This Man?"
Latest TV News
- Turner’s Communications Mainstay Sal Petruzzi Sets Exit From Company
- Brad Falchuk Inks Mega Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Katy Keene’ CW Pilot Adds Zane Holtz And Katherine LaNasa
- ‘Homeland’: Hugh Dancy To Recur On Season 8 of Showtime Series
- Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: “Is There No Decency In This Man?”
- Jeffrey Katzenberg’s Quibi Lands Top CAA Agent Jim Toth To Lead Content Acquisition And Talent