Another newly picked up comedy series is recasting its female lead. Alex Kapp Horner is leaving the Bill Lawrence-produced half-hour Fox comedy Surviving Jack. Based on Justin Halpern’s book I Suck At Girls, the single-camera comedy tells the story of a boy becoming a man, and a man becoming a father, in a time before coming of age was something you could Google. It centers on a father, Jack Dunlevy (Chris Meloni), and his teen son Frankie (Connor Buckley). Horner played Jack’s wife in the pilot. Other new comedy series that are recasting their female leads include NBC‘s The Family Guide (Parker Posey) and Sean Saves The World (Lindsay Sloane).
Alex Kapp Horner Exits New Fox Comedy Series ‘Surviving Jack’
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Investigation Outcome To ‘Lost’ And ‘Seinfeld’ Finales
- Jordan Peele Talks Being A Black Auteur And Disproving Myths Of Representation In Hollywood
- ‘Charmed’ Changes Showrunners, Creative Direction For Season 2
- ‘The Unicorn’: Rob Corddry & Michaela Watkins To Co-Star In CBS Comedy Pilot, John Hamburg To Direct
- Alyssa Milano Urges Hollywood To Speak Up On Georgia’s “Heartbeat Bill” – Guest Column
- Michael Avenatti Released On Bond After Arrest On Federal Fraud And Nike Extortion Charges – Update