EXCLUSIVE: The client-signing game has been voracious lately, but sometimes it’s not about poaching the big names but betting on the ones that might be big down the line. WME feels that way about Sam Riley, whom the agency just signed. Riley plays one of the leads opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent and in Neil Jordan’s Byzantium. He initially garnered attention for his portrayal of Ian Curtis in Control, which got him named Most Promising Newcomer at the British Independent Film Awards. He earned a BAFTA nom for Rising Star and most recently was seen in the ensemble of the Walter Salles-directed On The Road. He continues to be repped by Tavistock Wood in the UK.
WME Signs ‘Maleficent’s Sam Riley
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Puts The Mass Incarceration Issue On The Big Screen – Guest Column
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91