Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell’s history-making Kickstarter campaign notched its $2M initial goal within 10 hours of launching last month. While that meteoric rate didn’t hold up, the Kickstarter did top out at a payday nearly three times its initial goal. A record 91,585 backers contributed $5,702,153 to the feature film project, which shoots in the summer and will see distribution aided by Warner Bros. Digital. Joining Bell in the cult series’ big screen return will be Jason Dohring. The Veronica Mars movie will also have a presence at Comic-Con in July, Thomas also announced, although an official con panel is TBD.
‘Veronica Mars’ Movie Kickstarter Closes Out At $5.7M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Leads Thursday B.O. With $3.7M+, 5-Day Looking At $25M-$27M; 'Mile 22' Takes $1M
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
Latest Film News
- Excel Entertainment Acquires Faith Based Film ‘Jane & Emma’; Unveils Trailer
- James Hong, 89 Year-Old Chinese American Actor: “I Never Thought It Would Take This Long”
- On My Screen: ‘The Sinner’s Jessica Biel Discusses Her Film & TV Favorites
- Stampede Taps JP Sarni As WW Content Acquisitions Head; Snaps Up Novels ‘Revenge Of Magic’ & ‘Star-Crossed…
- ‘Albert Nobbs’ Star Glenn Close Weighs In On Scarlett Johansson Transgender Casting Controversy
- ‘The Oath’ Teaser: Ike Barinholtz, Tiffany Haddish Comedy Serves Up Thanksgiving Fracas