Former Walt Disney Television International and Nickelodeon exec Nicky Douglas will oversee Universal Networks International’s Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, The Style Network and Movies 24 in the UK. The group of channels has been ramping up its business in the territory with a series of significant deals. Universal Channel just acquired A&E Network’s Bates Motel for two seasons and launched TNT’s Major Crimes as part of an exclusive pact. Syfy premiered drama series Defiance yesterday, 24 hours after its U.S. bow. Douglas most recently had her own consulting firm and will start her new job immediately.
Universal Networks International Appoints Nicky Douglas As Managing Director UK
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest International News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Civil Rights Activist Dolores Huerta On The Power Of Women In ‘Roma’ – Guest Column
- ‘War For Cybertron’: Netflix Sets Transformers Universe Origin Toon Series For 2020
- Scandinavia’s Viaplay Moves Into Short-Form Horror With ‘Cryptid’ From ‘Midnight Sun’ Producers
- Cinematographers Call Academy Oscar Broadcast Explanation “Unsatisfying” In New Letter