Former Walt Disney Television International and Nickelodeon exec Nicky Douglas will oversee Universal Networks International’s Universal Channel, Syfy, E! Entertainment Television, The Style Network and Movies 24 in the UK. The group of channels has been ramping up its business in the territory with a series of significant deals. Universal Channel just acquired A&E Network’s Bates Motel for two seasons and launched TNT’s Major Crimes as part of an exclusive pact. Syfy premiered drama series Defiance yesterday, 24 hours after its U.S. bow. Douglas most recently had her own consulting firm and will start her new job immediately.
Universal Networks International Appoints Nicky Douglas As Managing Director UK
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Looting $69M-$70M; Widows $13M+, 'Instant Family' $12M+ Openings
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
2019 Spirit Award Nominations: ‘We The Animals’ Tops With Five, A24 Leads All Distributors, Studio Classic Labels Come Up Short
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Latest International News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Conjures $31M In Two Days Overseas – International Box Office
- ‘Requiem’ & ‘The Missing’ Outfit New Pictures Options Dystopian YA Novel ‘The Territory’
- ‘Poms’ Producer Mad As Birds Lines Up Movie About Trailblazing WWI Soldier Flora Sandes
- Brian Goldsmith Re-ups As Lionsgate COO
- Richard Lormand Dies: Veteran International Film Publicist Was 56
- Ryan Kwanten & Kodi Smit-McPhee Lead Oz Climate Change Thriller ‘2067’; Shoot Underway; Kew Inks North…