Kim Mordaunt’s The Rocket added the Heineken Audience Award for best narrative to its previously-won jury awards Saturday at the Tribeca Film Fest. At Thursday’s awards the Laos-set pic nabbed Best Narrative Feature and Best Actor honors for young star Sitthiphon Disamoe. Meanwhile, Linda Bloodworth Thomason’s marriage inequality docu Bridegroom won the nonfiction Audience Award as the 12th annual Tribeca Film Fest founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Craig Hatkoff came to a close. Both Audience Awards come with a $25,000 cash prize and screen again on Sunday.
‘The Rocket’, ‘Bridegroom’ Nab 2013 Tribeca Audience Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
VH1 Shakes Up 'Basketball Wives' & 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', Replaces Production Companies On Shows
'Gold Rush' Star Todd Hoffman Teams With Thom Beers & Jeff Conroy For Reality Competition Series 'Greenhorn Gold'
'NBC Nightly News' Covers Megyn Kelly Blackface Controversy, Noting It's Not Her First Time Under Fire For Race Remarks
Latest Film News
- Eden Brolin Joins Vince Vaughn In ‘Arkansas’; Fox’s ‘Ready or Not’ Adds Elyse Levesque
- Seville International Selling Spain’s ‘Advantages Of Traveling By Train’; Myriad Boards SXSW Pic ‘Fast Color’ – AFM…
- Pixar Co-Founder Ed Catmull To Retire
- ‘The Reckoning: Hollywood’s Worst Kept Secret’ Trailer: Docu Details Sexual Misconduct And Abuse Of Power
- Bryce Dallas Howard Directs Docu ‘Dads’ For Imagine
- Fox Film Executive Daria Cercek Jumps To New Line