The prop weapon created for Star Trek‘s William Shatner was only expected to bring in $50,000 on the auction block. But Saturday’s $231,000 score led a slew of film-related memorabilia sales at Hollywood Legends’ two day auction, Reuters reports. Also sold: The alien survey buggy from Alien snagged $10,625, Christopher Reeve’s Superman IV costume went for $25,000, and Marilyn Monroe’s Some Like It Hot bra fetched $28,125.
‘Star Trek’ Phaser Rifle Nabs $231K
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- ‘Descendants 3’ Teaser And First Synopsis Out From Disney Channel