BREAKING: Australian helmer Patrick Hughes has been set to direct The Expendables 3, the latest installment in the he-man franchises presided over by Sylvester Stallone. Stallone gave his blessing to Hughes, a very successful commercials director who three years ago helmed Red Hill. Hughes met with Stallone and the Millennium Films brass last weekend, and he will start work on Expendables 3 later this week. Production begins mid-August. The Expendables 2 grossed $300 million worldwide and the pair grossed $575 million, so it is the biggest franchise play for Millennium. WME, Brillstein and Gang Tyre rep Hughes.
Sly Stallone Chooses Patrick Hughes To Helm ‘Expendables 3’
What's Hot on Deadline
2019 Spirit Award Nominations: ‘We The Animals’ Tops With Five, A24 Leads All Distributors, Studio Classic Labels Come Up Short
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Latest Film News
- Notes On The Season: Oscar Race’s Crazy Weekend; ‘Mary’s’ Two Queen Contenders; Indie Spirits Go…
- William Goldman: Photo Gallery Of A Screenwriting Legend’s Greatest Hits
- Comedian Nikki Glaser Signs With UTA
- Fresh Face: Thomasin McKenzie Blazes A Trail With ‘Leave No Trace’
- ‘Be Natural’ Acquired By Zeitgeist Films & Kino Lorber; Docu About Alice Guy-Blaché Screened At Cannes…
- ‘The Orville’s J. Lee To Direct & Star In ‘Wednesdays’; Seth Green, Emmy Raver-Lampman Cast