BREAKING: Australian helmer Patrick Hughes has been set to direct The Expendables 3, the latest installment in the he-man franchises presided over by Sylvester Stallone. Stallone gave his blessing to Hughes, a very successful commercials director who three years ago helmed Red Hill. Hughes met with Stallone and the Millennium Films brass last weekend, and he will start work on Expendables 3 later this week. Production begins mid-August. The Expendables 2 grossed $300 million worldwide and the pair grossed $575 million, so it is the biggest franchise play for Millennium. WME, Brillstein and Gang Tyre rep Hughes.
Sly Stallone Chooses Patrick Hughes To Helm ‘Expendables 3’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Royals' Canceled By E! After 4 Seasons, Shopped By Lionsgate With Pop Eyed As Possible New Home
President Donald Trump Gets Personal Noting Death Of Aretha Franklin: "She Worked For Me On Numerous Occasions"
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest Film News
- BFI Deputy Head Of Press Emma Hewitt Joins BBC Films To Head Up Communications
- Broadway’s ‘Pretty Woman’ Musical: All Dressed Up With No Place To Go – Review
- IATSE President Accuses Editors Guild Leader Of Violating Federal Labor Law
- John Landis, Who Directed Aretha Franklin’s Only Two Movies, Remembers Her ‘Blues Brothers’ Turns
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Here And Now’ To Hit Theaters In November In AMBI & Paramount Deal
- Bankruptcy Court OKs Sale Of Relativity Media To UltraV Holdings