Orlando Bloom will star opposite Condola Rashad in a modern revival of William Shakespeare’s tale of star-crossed lovers with a racial twist. “They could have been any number of different ethnicities,” director David Leveaux told the New York Times, referring to his casting choices. “The two actors I wanted to be together producing sparks just happened to be those two and I followed my nose in casting the families”. The production also stars Jayne Houdyshell as the nurse and Joe Morton as Lord Capulet. Previews for Romeo And Juliet begin August 24 with opening night set for September 19 at the Richard Rodgers theater.
Orlando Bloom To Make Broadway Debut In ‘Romeo And Juliet’
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Bill Maher Addresses Stan Lee's Death, Says Adults Pretend Comic Books Are "Sophisticated Literature"
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS’ Response To Snafus
Latest Film News
- ‘Vice’ Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale’s Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At…
- Disney Unveils ‘Galaxy’s Edge’ Teasers, Including New John Williams Music, Ride Previews
- YouTube Now Streams Ad-Supported Movies Including ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Rocky’
- Ira Sachs Drama ‘A Family Vacation’ Starring Isabelle Huppert Gets New Title, Release Date
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Snatches $74M Overseas, Hits $100M WW Through Friday
- AMPAS Governors Awards Red Carpet Limited Because Of California Wildfires