Netflix has acquired exclusive Canadian broadcast premiere window rights to Sundance Channel‘s Rectify. ITV Studios Global Entertainment is handling sales on the six-part original series. Netflix launched the first two episodes days after the April 22 U.S. premiere on Sundance Channel and the rest of the series will roll out weekly in line with the U.S. broadcast. Ray McKinnon created the serial that stars Killer Elite‘s Aden Young as a man released from prison after 19 years when DNA evidence casts doubt on his conviction for the rape and murder of a young girl. He returns to his hometown where he must readjust to his new life as doubt still lingers over his innocence.
Netflix Brings ‘Rectify’ To Canada
What's Hot on Deadline
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
'Crazy Rich Asians' Could Hit $30M In 5-Day Opening; Fandango Presales Currently Besting 'Girls Trip'
Latest International News
- Mélanie Laurent & Payman Maadi Join Michael Bay’s Big-Budget Netflix Pic ‘6 Underground’
- Lionsgate & Nordisk Film Renew Movie Deal In Scandinavia
- Felicity Jones-Eddie Redmayne Ballooning Pic ‘The Aeronauts’ Under Way In UK, Amazon Releases Striking First-Look
- Ursula K. Le Guin Sci-Fi ‘Nine Lives’ Gets Movie Adaptation With ‘Plebs’ Writer, Former Sony Int’l Producer…
- Elizabeth McIntyre Steps Down As CEO Of Sheffield Doc/Fest After Three Years
- Wattpad Strikes Original Content Partnership With Asian Digital Platform Iflix