This is the first subtitled look at Michel Gondry‘s upcoming Mood Indigo (L’Ecume Des Jours). Judging by the below, and by the previous French-only versions, the Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind director’s whimsical fantasy looks like it may have more in common with Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s Amélie than just star Audrey Tautou. Here Tautou plays a woman with an unusual illness caused by a flower growing in her lungs. Romain Duris, Gad Emaleh and The Intouchables‘ Omar Sy co-star in the film that’s based on the novel by Boris Vian. It opened Wednesday in France via Studiocanal, who I hear is close to a deal with a U.S. distributor.
Hot Trailer: ‘Mood Indigo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; full list of winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink