This is the first subtitled look at Michel Gondry‘s upcoming Mood Indigo (L’Ecume Des Jours). Judging by the below, and by the previous French-only versions, the Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind director’s whimsical fantasy looks like it may have more in common with Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s Amélie than just star Audrey Tautou. Here Tautou plays a woman with an unusual illness caused by a flower growing in her lungs. Romain Duris, Gad Emaleh and The Intouchables‘ Omar Sy co-star in the film that’s based on the novel by Boris Vian. It opened Wednesday in France via Studiocanal, who I hear is close to a deal with a U.S. distributor.
Hot Trailer: ‘Mood Indigo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
'Crazy Rich Asians' Could Hit $30M In 5-Day Opening; Fandango Presales Currently Besting 'Girls Trip'
Latest Film News
- STX Partners With Lantern For Global Distribution Of Weinstein Co.’s Kevin Hart-Bryan Cranston Pic ‘The Upside…
- Paramount Sets First Look Deal With Adam McKay & Will Ferrell’s Gary Sanchez & Gloria Sanchez Labels
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Heading To $6M+ Wednesday; ‘Meg’ Swims To $60M – Midday Box Office
- Keri Russell To Join Adam Driver In ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival
- ‘The Kindergarten Teacher’ To Open Hamptons Film Festival
- Ang Lee & Nancy Utley Among Those Set For DGA Honors