EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central executive-turned-producer Lou Wallach has signed an overall deal with Universal TV’s Alternative Studio. Under the pact, Wallach will develop, produce and consult on comedies of different formats, primarily for NBC but also possibly for other networks. Wallach most recently has been an independent producer and consultant. He executive produced Comedy Central’s Michael & Michael Have Issues, and BBC America’s Funny As Hell: UK and consulted for AMC, Comedy Central UK, MTVX, Red Bull Media House and Just For Laughs Festival. Previously, he was SVP, Original Programming at Comedy Central where he oversaw Chappelle’s Show, The Colbert Report, Comedy Central Presents, Crank Yankers, and Insomniac with Dave Attell.
Lou Wallach Inks Overall Deal With Universal Television’s Alternative Studio
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Richard Valeriani Dies: NBC Newsman Who Covered Civil Rights Movement & Nixon Was 85
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Liz Friedman Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon