Greg Maffei seems open to all kinds of possibilities for the properties his company controls. The newly anointed chairman of Sirius XM told CNBC’s David Faber today that Liberty “absolutely” might consider spinning off the satellite radio company, making it independent again. And he says that Starz is “on the right path” — but may benefit from an alliance with a bigger partner. He added in the wide-ranging conversation that it appears from sales at QVC that consumer spending became “surprisingly strong” beginning in February.
Liberty Media CEO Says Deals May Make Sense For Sirius XM And Starz: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Business News
- Fortnite Star “Ninja” Has Toy Line Debuting At NY Toy Fair
- Friday Ratings: Fox’s ‘Proven Innocent’ Starts Soft, But ‘Last Man Standing’ Tops Demos
- ‘Hamilton’ San Francisco Audience Panics At Alleged Gun Incident, Three Injured
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91