CNN Films and Cinedigm have picked up Our Nixon for TV broadcast and theatrical release this summer. The film of Super 8 home movie footage of Richard Nixon and his administration is set to debut on CNN in August and will be released theatrically by Cinedigm the same month. Directed by Penny Lane, the film consists of footage shot by the 37th President’s top aides H.R. Haldeman, John Ehrlichman, and Dwight Chapin from 1969-1973. Our Nixon had its North American premiere at this year’s SXSW. Production and acquisition unit CNN Films was formed in October and made its debut as a buyer at this year’s Sundance.
CNN Films & Cinedigm Acquire ‘Our Nixon’; Presidential Docu To Air In August
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Chief Promises “Lively And Honest Conversation” As Post-Merger Town Hall Meetings Commence
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- ‘Searching’ Trailer: John Cho Points & Clicks His Way Through The Sundance Internet Thriller
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- Maura Tierney Joins CIA Drama ‘The Torture Report’
- California Split: Who Would Get Custody Of The Golden State Movies If Ballot Measure Passes?