Brian O’Shea’s The Exchange has acquired international rights to CBGB, the feature about the infamous New York City underground music club. Randall Miller (Bottle Shock) is directing the film that stars Alan Rickman as Hilly Kristal, the CBGB founder who took chances on such bands as Blondie, Television, the Ramones, the Talking Heads, Dead Boys and The Police. Malin Akerman, Rupert Grint, Johnny Galecki, Ashley Greene, Freddy Rodriguez, Justin Bartha, Joel David Moore and Donal Logue also form part of the large ensemble cast. The Exchange will offer the film to overseas buyers in Cannes; Paradigm has domestic.
Cannes: The Exchange To Sell Overseas On ‘CBGB’ Starring Alan Rickman
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners Revealed Live & Festival/EFM Wrap
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink