Here’s another blow in the ongoing crisis in film criticism. On the heels of Roger Ebert’s April 4 passing, film and theater reviews at the industry magazine founded 53 years ago are kaput as of Friday’s April 11 issue. Executive Editor Daniel Holloway blamed poor reviews readership on the move in an email to writers obtained by theater blog Bitter Lemons: “An analysis of metric data by our executive team led to the conclusion that too few readers are engaging our reviews for Backstage to continue to invest resources in producing them”.
Backstage Stops Film & Theater Reviews
What's Hot on Deadline
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Other Victims, DA Says
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
James Comey's 'A Higher Loyalty' Near Deal At CBS Studios For Miniseries From Billy Ray, Alex Kurtzman & Shane Salerno
'Stan & Ollie' Trailer: Steve Coogan & John C. Reilly Find The Drama In Comedy In Laurel & Hardy Biopic
Latest Film News
- Phil ‘CM Punk’ Brooks & Queensbury Pictures Wrap Shoot On Haunted House Thriller ‘Girl On The Third Floor…
- Foreign Language Oscar: Nadine Labaki’s Cannes Hit ‘Capernaum’ Enters Race As Brazil, Thailand…
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Trailer: Steve Coogan & John C. Reilly Find The Drama In Comedy In Laurel…
- ‘One Day At A Time’ Star Justina Machado Inks With UTA
- Walt Disney Studios Ups Ryan Stankevich and Martha Morrison To SVP Global Marketing Posts
- Cavalry Media, On Heels Of Setting Thai Cave Rescue Movie, Adds To Exec Ranks