EXCLUSIVE: Amy Aquino, who was the last regular cast in ABC‘s multi-camera comedy pilot Divorce: A Love Story, joining the project a week ago, has now left. Based on an Israeli format, Divorce centers on Kenny (Jason Jones) and Robin (Andrea Anders), a recently divorced couple who can’t seem to stay out of each others’ lives. Aquino was to play Kenny’s overbearing mother. I hear a decision was made to recast the role after the cast got together and it was determined by the producers that Aquino looked too young to play Jones’ mother. (I guess of all reasons a fiftysomething actress can be given, this qualifies as possibly the most flattering one.) Aquino and Jones’ real-life age difference is 16 years, which is not that unusual for TV. Jane Seymour, who is 11 years older than Kelly Preston, plays her mother on another ABC comedy pilot, Keep Calm & Karey On. Search is underway for a replacement.
Amy Aquino Exits ABC Pilot ‘Divorce’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Richard Valeriani Dies: NBC Newsman Who Covered Civil Rights Movement & Nixon Was 85
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Liz Friedman Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon