ABC‘s new injury-plagued Splash isn’t the only reality diving show hampered by safety concerns. Xinhua News Agency reports 18-year-old Peng Jiaxuan, assistant to martial artist/contestant Shi Xiaolong on China’s Celebrity Splash China, drowned in a pool during a training session April 19. The show broadcast on China’s Zhejiang TV and ABC’s Splash are both spin-offs of the original Dutch format. The death happened a day after US Splash contestant Nicole Eggert was injured on the set of ABC’s American version and subsequently hospitalized. In recent weeks fellow contestant Rory Bushfield ruptured an eardrum and Louie Anderson suffered bruised ribs in training, while show-related injuries forced Katherine Webb and Chuy Bravo to quit the show in its first month on the air.
Will ‘Splash’ Injuries & China Death Force ABC To Evaluate Diving Show Dangers?
What's Hot on Deadline
After 11 Years Pushing 'A Star Is Born', Producer Bill Gerber Is Restoring Neil Young In New Woodstock Documentary
Latest TV News
- Hilde Lysiak, The 11-Year-Old Journo Inspiration Of Apple TV Series, Strikes Again
- 'T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle' Season 2 Production Continues After Precious Harris’ Death
- ‘Last Man Standing’ Keeps Friday Ratings Hold While CBS Scores Double Win
- How To Watch The Indie Spirit Awards Online & On TV
- Bill Maher Slams Jussie Smollett As A Gift To Fox News (And A Lousy Actor)
- Venezuela ‘Live Aid’ Concert Blocked As Tensions Rise On Colombia Border