EXCLUSIVE: Tom Berenger has departed Fox’s drama pilot Gang Related. The move comes after the project’s table read last night. Gang Related, from 20th TV and Imagine TV, centers on Ryan Lopez (Ramon Rodriguez), a gang member sent in to infiltrate the San Francisco Police Department. Berenger was to play Sam Chapel, a tough, dynamic police chief who oversees the Gang Task Force. I hear Berenger, who has done mostly features and mini-series/limited series in his career, did not quite mesh with the rest of the cast and his vision of the character was different from that of the show’s producers. Berenger is coming off winning an Emmy for his most recent TV effort, blockbuster History miniseries Hatfields & McCoys.
Tom Berenger Exits Fox Pilot ‘Gang Related’
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border