Six venues in Los Angeles will play host to the new Sundance Institute-backed Next Weekend Film Festival, an extension of Sundance’s stylistically adventurous NEXT < => section to be held August 9-11, 2013. The Next Weekend line-up will include eight unreleased features in addition to previously screened films, panels, a shorts program, and the half-day ShortsLab: Los Angeles filmmaking workshop. The fest will be headquartered at West Hollywood’s Sundance Sunset Cinema with additional screenings held at the American Cinematheque’s Aero Theatre, Cinefamily, Cinespia at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, MOCA, and the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television.
Sundance Institute To Launch Next Weekend Film Fest In August
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
Latest Film News
- Graham King To Get CinemaCon’s International Filmmaker Award
- Nicolas Cage Joins Alain Moussi In Martial Arts Actioner ‘Jiu Jitsu’ From Dimitri Logothetis
- ‘Ask Dr. Ruth’: Hulu Revises Premiere Date For Its Sundance Docu Pickup – Update
- Gravitas Ventures Launches SVOD Service Gravitas Movies
- ‘General Hospital’ Star Bryan Craig Boards Indie Feature ‘Women Is Losers’
- SAG-AFTRA Podcast Addresses “Wigging” And “Paint Downs” In Stunt Industry