EXCLUSIVE: The move shows that Edelman Digital is stepping up its effort to introduce clients to gaming and YouTube videos. Rob Jones had been VP Gaming Programming at Machinima, one of YouTube’s most popular channels that specializes in the gaming lifestyle. “It was great being at Machinima, but five years is a long time in digital,” he says. As VP Digital Strategy at Edelman Digital, he’ll help clients including Activision, Samsung, Qualcomm and Volkswagen come up with game plans to spread their messages on the emerging media. Edelman also has hired Sam Kennedy, formerly VP Content and Community at Huddler.com, to be VP Gaming, where he’ll work specifically with Activision.
Rob Jones Leaves Machinima To Handle Digital Strategy For Edelman
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
Latest Business News
- ‘The New Negroes With Baron Vaughn & Open Mike Eagle’ Bows On Comedy Central
- Global Entertainment Industry Raked In Near $97B In 2018; Home Sector Alive With $55B+, But U.S. Digital Spend Crushed Moviegoing…
- ‘Kevin Hart: Irresponsible’ Comedy Special Trailer Bows From Netflix
- Netflix Reaches Tipping Point As Originals Now Outpace Acquired Titles – Study
- WGA Deputizes Managers And Lawyers To “Fill The Gap” If Agents Are Fired En Masse
- USC Names Carol Folt President, Will Fight On Against Scandals Fallout