NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot Donor Party has been on hold because of difficulties casting the lead. The project, written by Alex Schemmer, centers on an irresponsible man forced to grow up when he discovers he has children resulting from his days as a sperm donor. I hear NBC went heavily after Rainn Wilson and Seann William Scott, offering both actors episodic guarantees, and decided to put a pin in the pilot after both passed. NBC has now slated the project, from Lionsgate, Media Talent Group and Universal TV, for off-season production. NBC also recently postponed drama pilot Wonderland because of the complexity of production for the Alice In Wonderland-themed project.
NBC’s Comedy Pilot ‘Donor Party’ Pushed
What's Hot on Deadline
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Latest TV News
- Shirley MacLaine To Receive AARP Movies For Grownups Career Achievement Award
- James Corden Teaches Cardi B To Drive – And Cruise – In Latest Carpool Karaoke
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ Gets Order For 16 More Episodes From Netflix
- Charter’s Internet Service Hit With Record $172M Consumer Fraud Settlement
- Madeline Di Nonno Re-Elected Television Academy Foundation Board Chair As New Officers Set
- 'The Circle': Netflix Lines Up French & Brazilian Remakes As Studio Lambert Uses UK Hub For Reality Format