Interior designer Nate Berkus, whose daytime syndicated talk show ran on the NBC O&Os for two seasons, is coming back to the NBC stations across the country — this time with a primetime network program. NBC has given a 10-episode order to Renovation Nation, a home makeover competition series hosted and executive produced by Oprah Winfrey protege Berkus, who will also serve as judge and advocate, mentoring the contestants week to week. On the series, two teams tackle two new homes each week. In every episode, Berkus will present contestants with extensive design and build challenges. The contestants will be evaluated by Berkus and his team of experts to determine which team did the best. The winning team will be safe from elimination and the losing team will have to chose who to send home. Viewers will be able to tour the homes virtually and purchase specific items that are featured in that episode. In addition, weekly prizes will be given away to viewers, ranging from luxury household items to home makeovers and cold hard cash. The series will conclude in a live finale, where viewers will vote to determine the winner and two dream homes will be given away to two lucky viewers. “We believe we are in a time where Americans want to feel empowered and inspired to make changes to their homes; changes that will not only increase their value and quality of life but at the same time — not break the bank,” NBC president of alternative Paul Telegly said.
NBC Greenlights Home Makeover Reality Competition Series Starring Nate Berkus
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' - Update
Latest TV News
- Apple Shows Off Original Series For First Time With Sizzle Reel – Watch
- Viacom Stock Jumps After AT&T Carriage Deal – Update
- Apple Stock Fades, Roku Advances As Wall Street Digests Cupertino News – Update
- Michael Avenatti Arrested On Federal Fraud & Nike Extortion Charges; Felony Cases Span Both Coasts
- Sesame Street AppleTV+ Series ‘Helpsters’ Announced By Big Bird & Cody At Tech Giant Confab
- TBS & TNT Tap Former Facebook Watch Exec Kristina Edwards As VP Unscripted Series & Specials